Friday, March 22, 2013

Favorite Pins from Pinterest


It is early spring here in the Pacific Northwest.  The Gunnera 

is just waking up from its' winter sleep


Every Morning I try to go through Pinterest to see the new post.  I then take a few of my favorite "pins" to print off for my notebook of what to do in the garden.  If I see it printed out, I manage to get some of it done.  I change the pictures into black and white so I don't use up my color in the printer saving money on the print job.  Maybe you will appreciate not having to change the pictures if you want to print off anything I might have put here that you also love.  I try to give credit to those who originally put the information up on their websites thinking that this is the "right" thing to do.
You can follow me on Pinterest, if you like what I pin.  I have many more pins that I save other than what I manage to put in my notebook.  Sometimes I simply take a whole Pinterest Board of mine and print off the pictures by right clicking on the board and choosing "print".  Be sure to right click up near the title of your board.   Here is a board for my board, Garden Art

Greenhouse
The installed gutters in the left side of the greenhouse.  There is  a length of spinach in the top gutter.  The remainder of gutters will be planted soon.

The strawberries  planted in the gutters last week are doing great.

Last year I made the mistake of planting the strawberry crowns to close together. This year I planted the crowns about 12 inches apart to allow plenty of room for their roots to grow. In the fall, after the plants have fruited, I’ll remove the strawberries from the gutters and overwinter them in the garden.
 I need to figure out how the woman sharing this fastened the gutters to the greenhouse.  I am seriously considering doing this one as the walls of the greenhouse are open to all sorts of possibilities.  No wasted space is a good thing.


For indoor plants:Epsom Salt as Plant Fertilizer - Encourage green growth on your house plants by applying a solution of 2 tablespoons salt to 1 gallon water once a month. Magnesium and sulfur from the salt make leaves grow bushier and encourage flowering plants to bloom more often.

Bug Hotel
It is beneficial for the garden to attract bugs that actually help with my work such as ladybugs.  This will give them a favorite place to live in my garden area.


I couldn't find a source for this pin.  I love the combination of a Japanese hot tub with a fire pit.  Now, to figure out how to get warm water in that tub.



Sorry that I found no source for this.

 This tree house is lovely being just another art piece in the garden; while providing those with an adventurous spirit a place to climb.

 Who would not want a magical fairy house in their garden?  I still believe in magic.

No comments:

We Welcome You to Our Blog!



We blog about our rural area in the Pacific Northwest . This blog is all about my life and the places where my mind wonders from day to day. Have fun reading and looking at pictures. We welcome comments.

Be sure to watch, just above this blurb, my husband, Jim, using his 10 foot hands-free electric fishing kayak

Plurk

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Subscribe
Enter your email address to receive notifications when there are new posts
Powered by BLOG ALERT

BlogCatalog

Blog Hints

Electric Powered Hands-Free Fishing Kayak

Be sure to check out the separate blog to find out about our electric kayak, Kingfisher 10! You can find the blog at http://electrickayakkingfisher-10.blogspot.com . You can also read the features list on this kayak and purchase building plans and building kits at www.winchuckriverstore.com .

About Me

My photo
We moved to our current home on the Wild River Coast of Southern Oregon from San Jose, CA. Our family consist of Jim and Karen, two dogs and two cats. Karen's passion is gardening. Jim's obsession is building electric powered fishing kayaks and fishing.