There are good things in life that are easy to overlook as not important. Gathered together, they surround one with comfort much like a the warmth of a sleeping cat on my lap.
- Rereading a favorite book
- Remembering the relief of having my teenager return home safe and sound.
- A pat on the back when I am feeling down.
- A warm fuzzy coat on a cool day.
- A sleeping dog having a good dream
- A child's giggle
- A friend's surprise visit.
- A call from my daughter and hearing my grandchild's chatter.
- Finding clean flannel pajamas on a cool fall evening
- Carrott cake with a good cup of coffee
- Curling up in my down chair with a dog nestled next to me.
- Finally having my weeds pulled and the yard looking tidy and cared for.
- A holiday filled with family and friends
- Having an incredibly productive day and feeling the satisfaction of it.
- Having someone lend a hand when I am overwhelmed with work.
- Watching the dogs swim in the river and feeling their joy.
- Walking around the yard late in the afternoon with my husband, looking at the wonders of where we live with the dogs dancing around us enjoying our company as they play.
Aaah, it feels good! Life can sometimes be sad when things don't go our way, but it also has joys.
My list could go on forever once I started thinking of all the small things that make up my good life. Think about what you would add. I bet, these small things are universal to us all. I'd love to hear your comments.
I was feeling a bit sad today about some things in my life when I saw a list I had torn out of magazine called "The Good List" It was little things that calm you down and lift you up. The list they had was not my list, but it started me to think. I have to say, I do feel better remembering those small unimportant things that make up a good life for me.