Friday, August 01, 2008

Fishing Off The Coast Brookings, Oregon

My husband took my neighbor Ann and I out fishing yesterday. Ann and I are infamous chummers getting way too sick at sea to even think about going. Jim told us that the ocean was like glass, so we dared to try it again. Ann drove her car so we could escape our agony if need be. Ann and I didn't get sick! It was like glass and so very beautiful. We are now going to be Jim's new "fair weather-calm sea" fishing buddies. We caught our limit of rock cod and found 4 male crabs that we could keep. Female crabs have fatter butts than male crabs! Who would have thought? My job was to pick up all the many baby crab and throw them back in for next year. Ann didn't like slimy moving critters, but she loved catching fish. Thankfully, we had our man, Jim, doing the slime work! We live 4 miles beyond those hills up a river. It is almost always ten degrees warmer at our home in the summer and ten degrees colder in the winter.



Just out of port showing the Best Western and the Harbor Hills. You can see scraped off hillside where developers are attempting to make us another Carmel, CA like place. They mutter about making Italian looking villas up there. Many of us dread the end of our innocence and a place without so many people.



Early in the morning before the sun broke through the fog


I think this is Tom Hank's place that he recently bought...still in the fog. It is so hard to figure just where you are when you get out in the ocean, but I bet this is his place. I didn't see him out on the deck waving at me like I expected! LOL


This is the same house on the way back in after the sun broke through


Harbor Hills looking beautiful.

One of our male crabs with the skinny butt

Coming back into port. That bridge is Hwy 101...not very big in our parts.

No comments:

We Welcome You to Our Blog!



We blog about our rural area in the Pacific Northwest . This blog is all about my life and the places where my mind wonders from day to day. Have fun reading and looking at pictures. We welcome comments.

Be sure to watch, just above this blurb, my husband, Jim, using his 10 foot hands-free electric fishing kayak

Plurk

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Subscribe
Enter your email address to receive notifications when there are new posts
Powered by BLOG ALERT

BlogCatalog

Blog Hints

Electric Powered Hands-Free Fishing Kayak

Be sure to check out the separate blog to find out about our electric kayak, Kingfisher 10! You can find the blog at http://electrickayakkingfisher-10.blogspot.com . You can also read the features list on this kayak and purchase building plans and building kits at www.winchuckriverstore.com .

About Me

My photo
We moved to our current home on the Wild River Coast of Southern Oregon from San Jose, CA. Our family consist of Jim and Karen, two dogs and two cats. Karen's passion is gardening. Jim's obsession is building electric powered fishing kayaks and fishing.